Concerning: The 26th Ceramics Fair, North Netherlands, 2018
Dear Fellow Potter,
The 26th renowned Ceramics Fair will take place on Thursday, May 10th , 2018
(Ascension Day). This fair is organized by the Foundation 'Keramiekmarkt Noord Nederland Dwingeloo'. Due to the tremendous number of applications for a stall at the Fair, a selection process will take place.
We invite you to apply for the Keramiekmarkt in Dwingeloo.
From now on you can only apply by using our website. Thus not by classic mail. This is easier and cheaper for you and us.
Visit our website website www.keramiekmarktdwingeloo.nl. In the top-menu you wil find the item Participants and beneath that:
- Information participants: This letter.
- Hints and tips: Explanation of how het application procedure works.
- Application Here you can apply by filling in the form and uploading your CV and your photographs.-
- Your curriculum vitae is a short description about your job as potter and the courses/training you have done.
- Four or five photographs (one of which presents your booth). In the document Hints and tips you will find the requirements for your photographs.
- Please take care that the photographs you send along with your application are of a good quality. The selection committee has to choose from a large amount of potential participants, and uses the photo’s to judge your work. Therefore the photo’s should be clear and representative of your work. Please don’t send a great variety of photo’s, as this might hinder the judging.
- The photograph of your booth allows the selection panel to judge your presentation.
- You can only participate with work made by yourself.
- The application period ends at January 6th 2018.
2. Selection criteria
An independent panel consisting of three pottery experts will judge the submitted photographs for professionalism and quality. The panel is also concerned with content and variety of the Fair.
3. Results of the procedure
In the end of January 2018 we will send you a message saying whether or not you have been selected or placed on the reserve list. The decision of the panel is binding. If you have not been chosen it does not necessarily mean that your work is of insufficient standard but it could be that there were too many potters with similar styles or products .
4. The fair
This year there will be about 90 stalls for ceramists. During the day there will be extra activities such as theater, music, a special area for children and demonstrations of ceramic techniques.
The Fair will take place on a secluded site from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Participation costs amount to 40 euro's. This includes:
- A fully set-up stall of 1 x 4 meter with two white awnings - one as rear awning, the other as roof. All you have to do is lay-out your goods. (no chairs are provided).
- Two tickets to exchange for coffee, tea or something else.
- For two persons per stall a filled baguette.
During the Fair a jury will judge the stalls for the following prizes:
- 'Keramiekprijs Noord Nederland Dwingeloo':
The prize is a ceramic work and prize money of € 500,- This prize is donated annually by Wiechers Wonen, Dwingeloo.
- ‘Draaiprijs’: The prize for wheel-made pottery.
This prize is a ceramic work and prize money of € 500,- (made available by VeKA, Dreumel and our foundation)
The Fair is advertised in National newspapers and professional magazines, regional papers and by sending information to galleries, libraries and tourist offices. The regional television and radio stations also promote this event.
The Organizing Committee for the
Foundation 'Keramiekmarkt Noord Nederland Dwingeloo'
Tel: 0031 561 451 633
NB. When you don’t want to receive an invitation anymore, please inform us by sending your name, address and the phrase UNSUBSCIBE to: firstname.lastname@example.org